Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday, Oct. 6

Slept late this morning, until after 8 a.m. Skipped my exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house mid-morning, and she prepared veggies for a pork loin roast. Hubbie peeled potatoes to go with it, and I browned the meat, seasoned everything, and put the roast in the slow cooker with cans of chicken and beef broth.

Mother went to her puzzle after that, and I finished the library book I'd borrowed for my tablet. Close to noon, the roast was done, so I made gravy and served the meal with individual cups of applesauce, and a side of coleslaw.

Afterward, Mother went back to her puzzle, and Hubbie and I ran errands...to a grocery store for a few on-sale items, and this week's free item, and to the library to take back the "One Tree Hill" DVDs. We finished watching season seven, but didn't have time to start season eight. Since Hubbie had checked both of them out, we turned in season seven, and I checked out season eight. Then he checked out season nine, which is the end of the series this.

From there, we went to the WDCS for more groceries. While there, I picked up a gray fleece hoodie for Mother. She wore mine yesterday and liked it so much that I figured she needed one of her own.

At home, Mother joined us in watching a couple of Hallmark movies. Afterward, Hubbie did the honors of making French toast for our supper. Then we both accompanied Mother to hr house.

Hubbie and I spent the rest of the evening watching episodes of "One Tree Hill."

 

0 comments: