Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday, Oct. 4

Up at 6:30 to get ready for the day, since we expected the sheetrock guy to come by around 8 a.m. He actually didn't get here until closer to 9 a.m.

We didn't accomplish anything while he was here, which was all morning. When he had finished the job at noon and went on about his way, I heated leftover sweet potatoes for Hubbie's and my lunch, which I served with cold rotisserie chicken. Mother opted for Ramen Noodle soup, as usual, with a helping of the cold chicken.

After lunch, I did this and that around the house, while Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle. Later, Hubbie and I went to the WDCS to buy a bale of straw and three mum plants. I plan to set up the outdoor fall display this weekend.

For supper tonight, Hubbie went to a local fish house to get take-out boxes of catfish and fixings. The restaurant has recently re-opened after being closed for five years, so it was Hubbie's idea to patronize them tonight. This is not a healthy meal, so I won't be doing it very often.

Not long after supper, the sheetrock guy arrived again to put another coat of sheetrock mud on the wall. He's to return at 7:45 in the morning to give it yet another coat. Another early morning for us. Yawn.

After supper, Mother stayed around to watch TV for a while. Then Hubbie accompanied her home. We continued watching TV for the evening.





0 comments: