Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thursday, Oct. 3

Up around 7:30, and did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30.

Today's tasks were to sort bathroom cabinet drawers, and clean the artificial plant, which had accumulated a lot of sticky dust. Since Mother likes to have some helpful project every day, I sprayed the plant with vinegar, and she used paper towels to scrub each leaf. It was something she could do while seated at the little table in the kitchen.

While she did that, Hubbie and I sorted the drawers. I don't know why we collect so much stuff, but we were able to fill a trash bag with out-of-date items, and items we knew we'd never use. I'd like to think I'll be more vigilant in rotating products from now on, but it seems doubtful. Things just seem to collect before I realize it.

It was lunchtime by the time we finished these tasks. After lunch, Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, Hubbie ran errands, and I caught up on my blogs.

Didn't do much else for the afternoon. Around 3:30, I started supper preparations. Tonight, we had Salisbury steaks, mashed potatoes, and a choice of spinach or English peas. For the Salisbury steaks gravy, I used a recipe of cream of mushroom soup I'd made a few weeks ago and put in the freezer, along with gravy browning, and sour cream. It was very tasty.

Afterward, Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house, and then he and I watched episodes of "One Tree Hill."



0 comments: