Monday, December 30, 2013

Monday, Dec. 30

Up at 6:30 this morning, but skipped my exercises, because we expected the guy who worked on the upstairs bathroom to come and take out the sink top and cabinets, and prepare the floor for new vinyl. He was scheduled to be here at 8:30, but it was closer to 9:30 before he arrived.

Because he was going to work in that bathroom, we had to remove everything. Since the new sink top and cabinets will not be ready until a week from this Wednesday, we brought all my stuff to the downstairs bathroom. Once again, Hubbie and I will have to share this small bathroom for a while.

The worker announced today that he would like for me to choose vinyl tomorrow, so he can put it down on New Years Day, of all days. Hubbie is okay with this, but I'm not keen on it. Obviously, if he's going to be here, we'll need to invite him to join us for New Years dinner at noon.

I was less than happy about being given such a short time to select flooring, and I certainly didn't want to do it without having the color of the vanity top on hand. I don't have photographic memory, so I don't want to shop for vinyl without knowing what will tie that vanity top and the color of the walls together.

As it is, this whole project has been done piecemeal...first I selected a paint color that would not clash with the old blue vanity top, and then all the plumbing problems arose, which necessitated replacing the top and the cabinets. Then I had to choose another color for the top that would not clash with the new color of the walls. Now I'm forced to find vinyl that will not clash with those two colors.

The worker realized that I wasn't a bit happy, so he called the business that is making the top, and arranged to get a sample of it to bring to me tomorrow morning.

The work on the bathroom required cutting up the vanity, and breaking down the cabinets, taking up the old vinyl, and replacing some of the floor that had been soaked by water...all a very noisy process.

While he worked, I did chores downstairs, and then I showered and changed clothes before lunch. Mother opted to stay home today, so I fixed a Ramen noodle soup lunch for her, which Hubbie delivered to her house.

Hubbie and I had roast beef sandwiches, and since there wasn't enough, I did not invite the worker to join us. He spent his lunch hour fetching supplies that he needed for the project.

Later, I made a batch of muffins, and then we took those, along with Dragon Soup, over to Mother's house, and joined her for supper.

Afterward, around 7 p.m., Hubbie and I went to the college to watch a basketball game. Unfortunately, our team lost again. They did splendidly in the first half, and were up by about ten points at halftime. But it all went south in the second half. Disappointing. Oh well, they play again Thursday night, and we'll be there to cheer them on.

Br-r-r, it was cold outside today, but fortunately there was no wind for the walk to the gym. Counties south of us got a smattering of snow today, but we got nothing but cold.

Back home around 9 p.m., we watched a Lifetime Channel movie called, "Murder on the 13th Floor," which I'd recorded on DVR.

Headed to bed not long after.

Note: the van was repaired today, and Hubble picked it up this morning. So happy to have back!





0 comments: