Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thursday, Feb. 27

Up around 8 a.m. After breakfast, I did stair stepping, but skipped the resistance band and weights exercises, because yesterday I had a little twinge in my left rotator cuff. I guess I overdid the dumbbell exercises at the pool. Decided I should let that shoulder rest for a day.

Got ready for the day, while Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house. She went to her jigsaw puzzle, but I didn't accomplish anything for the rest of the morning.For lunch, Mother had Ramen noodle soup, and Hubbie and I had chili.

Afterward, Hubbie went to the grocery store to get a few items, including Sure Jell for making jelly. Meanwhile, I gathered all the other ingredients and supplies, and then Mother measured the sugar and strawberries.

When Hubbie returned, I cooked the ingredients, and Mother ladled it into the jars. I put the lids and rings on the jars and then processed them in a water bath. We got two pints and four half pints of jam, with a little leftover to enjoy right away.

Afterward, Mother returned to her jigsaw puzzle, and Hubbie cleaned the kitchen for me. We both spent the rest of the afternoon reading.

For supper, I fixed a meatloaf/potato casserole, which we had with whole kernel corn, and biscuits with some of the fresh strawberry jam.

Shortly afterward, Mother was ready to go home, so Hubbie accompanied her. Then he and I watched our favorite state college basketball team, as they played to a nail-biter win in overtime.

Watched a couple of one-hour shows after that, and then headed to bed. It wasn't an exciting day, but it was satisfying, reasonably productive, and restful.

0 comments: