Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wednesday, Feb. 26


Today is Ash Wednesday. Lent has begun, and Easter is on the way.

Up at 6 a.m. to get ready for water aerobics. I wasn't gung-ho for getting out into the c-c-cold morning, but I dressed in several layers, plus hat and gloves, and went anyway. The walk to the gym, a block away, wasn't pleasant at all, since there was sharp wind, and I was walking into it.

The pool was delightfully warm, though, thank goodness. Twenty-two of us attended the session, and we all enjoyed it...there was a lot of joking and joyful laughter as we did an aerobics routine, followed by a barbell session, raced back and forth across the pool, and walked rapidly in a circle, then abruptly turned and walked the other direction (to create water resistance).

Back home, I relaxed with a couple of cups of coffee, then went upstairs to get ready for the day. In the meantime, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and she went to her jigsaw puzzle.

For lunch, I heated the remainder of the Dragon Soup for Mother. Hubbie and I had cold meatloaf sandwiches.

Afterward, Hubbie ran errands, while Mother and I made a batch of jelly. Today, we used the rest of the crabapple juice (which had been in the freezer), supplemented with both apple juice and white grape juice. The resulting jelly is really tasty. Tomorrow, we plan to make strawberry jam.

I had nothing else planned for the rest of the day, so Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, Hubbie ran more errands, and I read newspapers and finished my novel.

Later, for supper, we had chili and crackers, which was good on a cold evening. Mother was ready to go home afterward, so Hubbie accompanied her.

Then Hubbie and I watched episodes of "Friday Night Lights."









0 comments: