Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thursday, March 6

Up around 7:30. Postponed my exercises until after lunch. After breakfast I made a cake for Saturday and stored it in the refrigerator once it had cooled.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30, and she sliced and diced veggies for making vegetable and potato soups. In the meantime, Hubbie went to a grocery store to pick up zucchini and yellow squash and chicken broth for the soups. while he was there, I tried to call him, but he was unable to hear his cell phone under his coat. So when he returned, I had to send him right back to get bell pepper.

It was noon before I finally got the soups made. For lunch, I fixed Mother usual Ramen noodle soup, and scrambled egg substitute with cheese and a small piece of leftover ham for Hubbie and me. Served the eggs with toast and jelly.

After lunch, I did stair stepping, but skipped the resistance bands and weights exercises, so I could go ahead and shower and dress, and then do other things around the house. Mother spent her afternoon working on her jigsaw puzzle, and Hubbie ran more errands, including picking up tables and chairs for the party Saturday.

Later, for supper, we had leftover beans and ham, fried potatoes, sweet potatoes, and macaroni and cheese, served with a choice of leftover cornbread, or canned biscuits.

Shortly afterward, Hubbie and I went to the college down the road, so I could take pictures of our state university's mascot animal. This is the first time we've seen the animal up close. It's an animal that's fearsome looking...and would be fearsome in the wild, but this one is pampered, so he tolerates folks touching him. His handler told me that his very wiry, stiff, hair is prized in some places for use in hair brushes and paint brushes.

Back home, Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house, and then he and I went to the other college to attend a basketball game. Unfortunately, our team lost by one point, so that ends the season for them. Nephew, the coach, was visibly downhearted, but we assured him that it has been an excellent season, and we enjoyed it.

Tonight there were four students dressed in colorful Teletubbie costumes. We don't know why they were costumed, since they didn't entertain at halftime. At any rate, Great-Niece kept calling them monkeys.

Back home, we watched a couple of this season's new episodes of  "Vikings."

Since school is back in session tomorrow, after being out all week because of the ice storm, water aerobics will also take place. But I don't think I'll go, because I have plenty to do tomorrow getting ready for Saturday. The college is closed all next week for spring break, so I hope to go back to the pool after that.

Hooray! The temperature rose today, and the thaw began. We can actually see patches of yard again. Of course, all that melting ice is leaving the ground muddy. But at least it's not ice.

0 comments: