Sunday, March 9, 2014

Friday, March 7

Today, a new great-grandson arrived. Mom was in labor most of the day, and baby Matthew Lee Jr., finally made his appearance this evening!

Up at 7:30 this morning. I decided to skip going to water aerobics, because I had plenty to do to get ready for tomorrow's birthday party for Mother. When I go to the pool, it's noon before I am ready to do anything. This was the last day of aerobics until after spring break next week, so I hated missing it, though I wondered if the water would be cold today after so many days of the pool being closed. Learned later from another member that the water was pleasantly warm.

After breakfast, I did stair stepping, but skipped the rest of the routine. In the meantime, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and before I went upstairs to get ready for the day, we started pots of soup...chicken, and eleven bean. She diced veggies, and cubed ham, and I did the rest. When the soups were simmering, I mixed chocolate cake, and Mother spooned it into cupcake pans.

By noon, we finished our tasks. We had a lunch of leftovers, and then I finally got ready for the day. Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle after lunch, and once I was dressed, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the library, to the bank, to the pharmacy, and to the WDCS for groceries needed for the party.

Back home, we did a few things around the house to get ready for tomorrow, and then we went to the fish house for supper. Before we left, I learned that Sis planned to be here this evening. I left a note telling her where we would be, but she opted out of joining us.

Tonight, Mother ordered fried catfish and a baked potatoes, along with the sides of beans, slaw, and hush puppies. Hubbie also ordered the fried catfish, but with a side of French fries, etc. I chose grilled catfish and a baked potato. Mother and I couldn't eat the beans...they were too salty, but Hubbie, who is compelled not to waste anything, ate them anyway. This was a three-piece dinner, and I was surprised that Mother ate every bit of it. Of course, she loves fish, and can seem to eat more of it than anything else.

Sis was here by the time we returned, and she agreed to go with us to a program of Broadway show tunes at the college down the road. The troupe that performed was really great in this fast-paced song and dance show. We really enjoyed it. The colorful costumes, and simple set that included two wide-screen TVs, were effective.

Back home, we enjoyed coffee and a choice of lemon pudding cake or brownies, with coffee, and then Sis accompanied Mother to her house.

It was a busy, but good day, and we were ready to head to bed right after the news.





0 comments: