Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday, March 14

Slept late, until 8 a.m., then did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 10 a.m. She was sniffling and sneezing with a head cold. So she didn't feel like going to her jigsaw puzzle. I wondered why she had come over at all, since she obviously felt cruddy. She said she had spent too many days lately home alone, thanks to bad weather days.

Hubbie ran errands this morning, while I got ready for the day. He returned around 11:30. After a lunch of Ramen noodle soup for Mother,  and leftover stirfry for Hubbie and me, Mother agreed to lie down on the couch for a nap.

Hubbie watched a basketball tournament game on TV for the afternoon, while I caught up on reading newspapers, and then read my novel. I'm finding this book to be very interesting, though I'm not familiar with the author. It's titled, "Elizabeth Street," by Laurie Fabiano, and it traces the story of an immigrant Italian woman, who tries to make a life in America at the start of the twentieth century. The book is based on her own family history. This was a bargain book, downloaded to my tablet, and well worth the nominal price.

Mother slept until after 4 p.m. She said she hadn't rested well last night, so this long nap made her feel a lot better.

Hubbie did the honors of making French toast for supper. I fried eggs to go with the meal. I also heated pancake syrup, cups of coffee, and did all the other little things necessary to getting the meal on the table.

Mother thoroughly enjoyed the meal, calling it "fun food." She was ready to go home right after the news, so Hubbie accompanied her.

There was a  5-7 p.m. reception at the art gallery tonight for an artist showing there, but we opted out of going, since 5 p.m. is our supper hour, and by the time we finished eating and changed clothes, it would have been too late to attend.

Sometimes, we do attend these receptions, but when we do, I try to serve supper a little earlier, so Mother won't have to wait to eat. Since she napped so long this afternoon and was under the weather, I decided to skip the reception.

We spent the rest of the evening watching TV...a couple of one-hour shows, and then a tournament basketball game.






0 comments: