Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday, March 10

Slept later this morning, until nearly 8:30, and then was draggy all day. I think I felt the effects of the time change more today than I did yesterday. Did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast, anyway.

Sis accompanied Mother to our house mid-morning. They'd eaten breakfast late, too, so we were in no hurry for lunch, and waited until close to 1 p.m. to have soup and sandwiches.

I did this and that around the house after getting ready for the day, while Mother and Sis started a new puzzle, and Hubbie took the borrowed tables and chairs back downtown.

It was a beautiful day today, with temps in the 70s, but I didn't get outside. Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer, and we will all get to enjoy it, when we meet Mother's and my friends at the local Italian restaurant around 11:30.

I made the lunch date this morning, when one of the friends called to say our other friend was to arrive in town this afternoon, so the two of them would be available to meet tomorrow. The Italian restaurant is one of the few that is convenient for Mother's wheelchair.

In the morning, though, I will take Mother to meet a doctor's appointment at 9 a.m. This is a routine fasting lab exam, so she'll be plenty ready for lunch at 11:30. Of course, if we get away from the clinic soon enough, she'll probably eat a small bite before lunch.

It was a pretty lazy day, but I did manage to plow through a stack of newspapers that have been waiting since last Friday. Later in the afternoon, I started a pot of spaghetti sauce simmering.

Mother and Sis finished the new jigsaw puzzle today, so I guess they'll start a new one tomorrow. We watched TV for a while this afternoon, and then Sis made salads, and Mother sliced French bread and spread garlic butter on it.

I waited until around 5 p.m. to begin cooking spaghetti, so the meal wasn't ready until 6 p.m. We were in no hurry for supper tonight, since we had eaten lunch late.

After supper, we watched TV, including an episode of "When Calls the Heart."







0 comments: