Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday, March 13

Today is Great-Granddaughter's birthday. Happy Birthday, Great-Granddaughter!

We slept late, until 8 a.m. We just can't seem to get adjusted to the time change. Monday, water aerobics begins again, so I need for my brain and body to cooperate with Daylight Saving Time.

After breakfast, Mother got ready to go to a Master Gardener meeting. Before he left, he accompanied Mother to our house. She went to her jigsaw puzzle, while I did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises.

It was late morning before I went upstairs to get ready for the day. While I was in the bathroom, the pest control guy came. I'd forgotten that he was to stop by sometime between 10 a.m. and noon. I heard the doorbell ring, so I threw on a bathrobe and hurried downstairs. But by the time I got down there, Mother had already answered the door. The guy did not have to come indoors...he just wanted us to know he was here and would be treating the house from outdoors. I hurried and dressed, so I would be ready when he came to the door again to hand me the paperwork.

Hubbie returned around noon. After lunch, Mother helped prepare veggies for stirfry, and then she went back to her puzzle. Hubbie watched a basketball game on TV, and I became absorbed in a novel I'm reading on my tablet. While I read, I began washing and drying afghans to be stored until next fall. Hopefully, the time for needing afghans is done for this winter.

Around 2 p.m., Hubbie's sister, niece, and great-niece dropped by for a short visit. They only stayed about 30 minutes. Great-Niece was of course fascinated by the cats, though she could only see them through the sunroom glass door. Even with the door closed, some of the cats scattered to hide under the hot tub. The blind cat was the most curious, and cautiously got close to the door.

At 3 p.m., I joined Hubbie in watching our favorite college basketball team as they lost by only a couple of points in tournament play. Phooey.

The stirfry with rice was very good, and it was a way to use up the remainder of fresh veggies from the Saturday birthday party, as well as packages of frozen oriental veggies that have been in the freezer for a while and needed to be used.

We enjoyed the meal in the den, so we could finish watching the ballgame. After the game, we watched the movie, "Quartet," a comedy/drama about elderly musicians and opera singers who live at a retirement home in England. The residents are planning a concert to celebrate the Verdi's birthday. Rated PG-13. Good movie.

Following that, we watched various one-hour shows. Mother stayed until after 10 p.m. We're not sure why. Maybe because she stayed home alone all day yesterday, and wanted the company tonight.






0 comments: