Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday, March 9

I would have thought we'd have awakened much later this morning, since it's the first day of Daylight Savings Time, but no, we woke up at 7:30.

 Did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast, and then got ready for the day.Sis and Mother were here when I came downstairs. Since it's Sunday, we didn't do much for the rest of the morning.

No one was hungry at noon, so we waited until around 1 p.m. to fix lunch. Sis cut up veggies for salads, and I heated a loaf of bread that Sis brought with her. We had the salads topped with cottage cheese, and slices of bread and margarine, with bowls of soup. We each chose and microwaved the soup we preferred.

After lunch, Mother and Sis finished a jigsaw puzzle and began a new one, and Hubbie and I watched TV. While I sort of watched TV, I caught up on posting blogs, read part of the Sunday newspaper, and played on my tablet (I ordered two new on-sale e-books...both classics. One is "The Complete Stories of Flannery O'Conner," and the other is "The Poisonwood Bible," by Barbara Kingsolver.

Later, around 4 p.m., we had cups of coffee with choices of chocolate cupcakes or pineapple/angel food cake for a snack. Around 7 p.m., we had sandwiches and/or soup for supper. Then we watched TV for a while, before Sis and Mother headed to Mother's house.

It was a lazy day...exactly what was needed after a busy few days.





  

0 comments: