Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday, April 11

Slept late, until around 8 a.m. No water aerobics for me today, thanks to my thumb. But I did do stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises (carefully) after breakfast.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house mid-morning, but she wasn't in the mood to go to her jigsaw puzzle, so she just relaxed in the rocking chair.

My main activity for the morning was to plan this week's menu. It seems to be more and more of a chore every week.

Once I was dressed and ready for the day (after lunch), I did this and that around the house...nothing very important other than boiling eggs for making egg salad later. I also tried to catch up on reading newspapers, until one of the cats decided to use them for a bed. She didn't relinquish them until around 3 p.m.

Made a few phone calls. One to make an ophthalmologist appointment for Mother. At the film fest last week, she asked Sis and me if there was a dark ring around the film we were watching. No, there wasn't, so we wondered if something is going on with her eyes. She has an appointment on Good Friday.

I also called my doctor's office to set up what is called a Health Risk Assessment. This is something encouraged by Medicare and involves a 45 minute sit-down with my physician to go over my records and make sure I am current on tests, and to evaluate what I can do to improve my health.

This will apparently be a once-a-year thing that is free to the patient. I thought that we covered all the bases in my six-month exams, but I guess this is something more comprehensive. I scheduled a session for the first week in August.

Then I called the literacy council office to inquire about getting tickets to a charity bingo event later this month, but the person who answered was a volunteer who was not up to speed on the event, so I will just visit the office on Monday, when the director is there. In fact, it was the director who mentioned the event to me while we were working at the book sale yesterday. We were not able to attend last year for some reason, so we're looking forward to it this year. It'll be a fun way to donate to the cause.

Hubbie met a 3 p.m. haircut appointment this afternoon, then picked up a few things at the grocery store, including black olives for the egg salad. When he got back home, Mother made the egg salad. The salad and chips were a satisfactory Lenten Friday meal.

Mother was ready to go home shortly after supper, so Hubbie accompanied her. There was a bagpipe concert at the college tonight, as the opening event to the festival this weekend, but we opted not to go. Instead, Hubbie and I watched "Bones" episodes on a DVD borrowed from the library.













0 comments: