Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wednesday, April 9

Decided to skip water aerobics this morning to give this thumb a few days rest. I did do stair stepping, resistance bands, and leg weights exercises, though. But I skipped the barbells, since I didn't want to aggravate my right hand.

I didn't accomplish much for the morning beyond gathering laundry to be washed, and catching up on a week's worth of newspapers.

After lunch, we made a trip to a town about 30 minutes away to visit a package store and buy rum. I only use rum to make rum cakes during the holidays, but we had a $3 rebate coupon, so we decided to take advantage of it by buying the rum early. Today was also senior day at the store, so we got a $7.50 cents discount on bottles of wine.

Mother went along for the ride, just to get out on this lovely day. She stayed in the van while we shopped, of course.

While we were in the area, we stopped by the city park to look at the cypress trees. There are cypress trees in swampy parts of the state, but these along the banks of the park lake are the nearest ones to our town.

We also took a tour through the nearby state park. Nothing much is going on there. The museum was open, and I think there is a new exhibit there, but we didn't take time to stop. There is a wildflower field in the park, but nothing is blooming yet.

Back home, I noticed how the afternoon sun lighted the tulips, so I grabbed my camera and took lots of shots. I uploaded some of them to my social network page.

Around 3:30, Mother shredded Monterey Jack cheese, and cut up American cheese, which I added, with spices, to milk to make sauce for macaroni. I put the dish of macaroni and cheese in the oven, along with a few leftover burritos. Mother opted for a hot dog with her meal.

Shortly after supper at 5 p.m., Mother was ready to go home, so Hubbie accompanied her. Then Hubbie and I watched episodes of "Bones," on a DVD borrowed from the library.

 

0 comments: