Monday, May 26, 2014

Monday, May 26

Today is Memorial Day, so the first thing Hubbie did this morning was hang the flag on the well house.

We slept late, until 8 a.m. this morning. After breakfast, I did stair stepping, resistance band,and weights exercises. While I exercised, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and she went to her jigsaw puzzle.

This morning, Hubbie worked in the yard, while Mother and I watched the Memorial Day Concert from the PBS channel, which I recorded on DVR last night. This was a very moving program that featured award-winning actors narrating the thoughts of mothers who have lost sons, and men who have been seriously injured in service to our country. The program also featured singers and dancers, and a symphony orchestra.

I didn't leave the house today, but I still wore a blue shirt with a sparkly red, white, and blue "America" pin.

This afternoon, after a soup lunch, Mother went back to her puzzle, Hubbie went out to the yard, and I made two birthday cards for granddaughters.

Mid-afternoon, Mother and I began supper preparations...barbecued country ribs, baked beans, sweet potatoes, corn-on-the-cob, and Sis's homemade dinner rolls.

Mother was ready to go home shortly afterward, so I accompanied her. This was because I had insisted Hubbie plunk his hiney in his chair and practice using my laptop to access his social network page, because his daughter called tonight to suggest that she and his other children should to go in together to purchase him a laptop or tablet for his birthday, set up in the simplest way, so that he can communicate with them via his own social network page that I set up for him a year or so ago.

He has always had access to my laptop, if he wanted to use it, but he has not been inclined, because he gets frustrated with it. He still likes regular e-mail, which he was able to use on the office computer.

I'm not all that keen on acquiring another computer that will ultimately be my job to keep up with. I'm already responsible for all the electronics here. But I guess his kids think I've been derelict in my wifely duty to train him, so they need to take the situation in hand themselves. Good luck with that.

We ended tonight's lesson around 8:30, and spent the rest of the evening watching "Bones" episodes.










0 comments: