Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thursday, May 29

Up around 7:30, and did stair stepping, resistance band, and leg weights after breakfast.

This morning, we waited for the heat/air guy to come and install a new thermostat at Mother's house. When he didn't call to let us know he was coming by 9 a.m., Hubbie called the business. He was told the guy had already completed the order. So Hubbie went to Mother's house and discovered that, sure enough, a new digital thermostat was installed. Mother seems pleased with the new unit, so now we'll see how well she's able to use it.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30, and she relaxed in a rocking chair, while I got ready for the day. She didn't feel up to doing much for the morning other than nap in the chair.

I spent my morning and part of the afternoon about like I did yesterday...doing this and that. Made a strawberry angel food cake, using the remainder of the fresh strawberries in the refrigerator; put a pot of spaghetti sauce on to simmer; called the beauty shop to make appointments for Mother and me for next week; checked our scrapbook/card making supplies to see what we need when we visit the hobby store; and caught up on reading this week's newspapers.

Meanwhile, Hubbie ran errands...to the library to take back the "Bones" DVD, to the newspaper office to drop off this week's word search puzzle contest, and to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription. When he got back home, he spent time practicing on my laptop and my tablet. I don't know which one he'll decide he wants his kids to get for him for his birthday and Father's Day.

For lunch, Mother had her usual soup, Hubbie had a ham sandwich with baked beans and macaroni salad, and I had a pimento cheese sandwich and chips.

Spent part of the afternoon watching "Bones" episodes from the On Demand channel on TV. These episodes are set to expire at the end of this month, so we will be binge watching them to catch up to date before the new season.

Later, for supper, we had spaghetti with sauce, salad, and cottage cheese, along with Sis's homemade dinner rolls.

A thunderstorm cropped up just as I finished supper preparations. I nearly jumped out my skin at a very loud clap of thunder overhead as I was standing at the stove. The storm continued while we were at the dining room table, with more deafening thunder that made us jump. There was lots of rain with the storm, too. It didn't last long, though.





.





0 comments: