Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tuesday, June 24

Slept late this morning, until around 8 a.m. Did stair stepping, resistance band, and leg weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30, and before I went upstairs to dress, she and I worked in the kitchen.

I dug out veggies for Mother to dice for salad, and julienne for stirfry. She is never more happy than when she's working with food, so she enjoyed herself for an hour or so. But she's easily confused, so I couldn't leave her while she did this. She needed me to tell her what to do with each type of vegetable.

It was after lunch before I finally showered and dressed. When I got back downstairs, I started the stirfry cooking, and then gathered the ingredients for making lasagna. Mother wanted to help with that, too, though it was necessary, as usual, to stand by and remind her of what came next in the layering of the dish.

When we finished in the kitchen, I helped Mother set up a new puzzle. She completed one yesterday. I spent some of my afternoon reading, and Hubbie ran errands.

Later, we had the lasagna, with salads, cottage cheese, and garlic French bread. Mother was ready to go home soon after, and Hubbie accompanied her. I put drops in her eyes around 8:30.

Hubbie and I spent the evening watching "As Time Goes By" on DVD.

Pretty boring day.

0 comments: