Saturday, June 28, 2014

Saturday, June 28

Up around 7:30, and did stair stepping, resistance band, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30, and she went to her puzzle.

Once I was ready for the day, I did this and that around the house until lunchtime. Mother had her usual Ramen noodle soup, and Hubbie and I had leftover stir fry. Too bad I didn't have more homemade mushroom soup like yesterday. Mother liked that so much that she ate two bowls of it.

Afterward, Mother went back to her puzzle and Hubbie and I ran errands. We went to the library first to return movies and pick up more. Then we went to a couple of home improvement stores to look at tiles for the sunroom. One store was closed, but at the other one, I saw tile that I like. It a mottled dirt color, appropriate for a high traffic area.

From there we went to a dollar store to find an appropriate birthday card for a two-year-old.
The card is for Hubbie' s great-neice, who is having a birthday party tomorrow afternoon. Our last stop was the WDCS for groceries.

Back home, Hubbie went out to mow the yard, and I did chores around the house. Later, Mother and I prepared a supper of bacon/lettuce/tomato/Vidalia onion sandwiches, salads, and cheesy rice.

Mother was ready to go home soon afterward, so Hubbie accompanied her. Then we watched "The Bridges of Madison County," starring Meryl Streep, and Clint Eastwood. Great movie. But it was longer than I remembered at over two and a half hours, so I was late getting to Mother's house to put drops in her eyes.

0 comments: