Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sunday, June 29

Spent a restless night, thanks to thunderstorms, and needing to get up a couple of times to satisfy calls of nature.

Hubbie' s night was just as restless, so we got up around 6:30. We didn't accomplish anything for the morning except our usual Sunday routine. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30.

We decided to watch a movie before lunch...a "Murder She Wrote" full length feature. Lunch was simple..Just leftover chicken spaghetti, with a side of English peas.

Mother was ready to go home afterward, since Hubbie and I planned to go to his great-niece's birthday party at 2 p.m.

The theme for this year's party was the 4th of July.  Last year's lemonade stand became a fireworks stand this year. Red, white, and blue decorations were everywhere. Various relatives dressed in patriotic colors. I didn't get the memo about that, but I did wear white crop pants and a red and pink check blouse.

All the refreshments were iced in red, white, and blue or had sprinkles in those colors. I stuck with a chocolate cupcake and water.

The two-year-old honoree received all sorts of gifts, including a large wooden playhouse that features a kitchen sink and stove, window boxes, and picnic benches, a picnic table with umbrella, a cabana, a crib and high chair for her dolls, several dolls, a talking Elmo, a doctor doll that talks, a monogrammed beach towel, and several other gifts she hadn't gotten around to opening by the time we were ready to leave.

About 25 family members attended. The party began at 2 p.m., and was still going when we left at 5:30.

Before we left, Niece wanted to get a snapshot of Hubbie and me seated at the fireworks stand. All was fine until I stood up, whereupon I cracked my head on a wooden cross piece. This is the second time I've bumped my head on Great-Niece's play things. The first time was on the cross piece of her wooden swing set.

We were pooped by the time we got home, though we didn't do anything strenuous...just all the activity, I guess.

Later, I was ready to eat something more substantial than sweets. So we had scrambled eggs and toast.

Around 8:30, I went over to Mother's house and put drops in her eyes. Then Hubbie and I watched murder mystery shows on TV for the evening.



0 comments: