Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wednesday, July 2

Today is Great-Grandson's birthday. Happy Birthday, Great-Grandson!

Had another one of those nights...difficulty falling asleep, then being rudely awakened when the clock radio blared gospel music at 12:15 a.m. It was a long time before I got back to sleep again. And then when the alarm should have gone off at 6 a.m., it did not. At 6:40, Hubbie poked me awake, but it was too late to get ready for water aerobics by then. So we stayed in bed until around 8 a.m.

I did stair stepping, resistance band, and weights exercises after breakfast, while Hubbie got ready to go for a dental appointment. He accompanied Mother to our house before he went to the dentist.

After Hubbie got back and I was ready for the day, we went to the farmer's market. It was open today, thank goodness, so I was able to get some large slicing tomatoes, some small tender yellow squash, and green beans.

I used one of the tomatoes to make BLT sandwiches for Hubbie's and my lunch. Mother opted for leftover macaroni and cheese, and a slice of rye bread.

After lunch, Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, and Hubbie and I went to a nearby town to look at laptop computers. I found one suited to my needs, and the owner of the store moved my photos and documents from my old computer to the new one, downloaded an anti-virus program, Microsoft Office Excel, and all the other things necessary to operating the system right away. He did not add a charge to the price of the computer for this service, since we are good customers of the store.

We've known this man for a number of years, but only today discovered he's on the police force of the town. He doesn't work full time as an officer. But today he was wearing a badge and a gun on his belt, which prompted us to quiz him.

Since it was going to take about an hour to prepare the laptop, we decided to visit roadside vendors in the town to see if I could find some small zucchini squash. I did. We also picked up two large, sweet cantaloupes at one stand. All this produce was grown on farms near the town.

Then we went to a drive-in fast food restaurant to get sundaes. I got hot fudge, and Hubbie got strawberry.

Back at the store, we only had to wait a few minutes more before my laptop was ready to go. We were at home by 3 p.m.

Spent the rest of the afternoon until time to prepare supper playing with the new laptop, and reading newspapers. Supper tonight was leftovers from last night and more baked potatoes, along with slices of French bread. Dessert, of course, was cantaloupe.

Mother was ready to go home shortly after supper, so Hubbie accompanied her. Then he and I watched one-hour shows on TV.

0 comments: