Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday, June 30

Last day of June, and boy was it a steamy one. We were up at 6 a.m., and I got ready for water aerobics, except for putting my swimsuit on. Before breakfast, I got a tummy ache. Nothing serious, but with all the rumbling, I wasn't sure what was coming next, so I figured it was prudent to stay home.

Later, I messaged one of the aerobics members to let her know why I hadn't attended. She said only 13 people showed up today.

I did go ahead and do stair stepping, resistance band, and weights exercises after breakfast, though.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30. She was dressed to go out. Seems she got confused about what day she is to go to her eye doctor, because she thought this was June 23, instead of June 30.

She asked me to make a list of July events so she could record them on her calendar, but even with the list and calendar, she got confused. I suggested she forget both of them and just let me tell her what is going on day-by-day.

Spent the rest of the morning doing things like calling the scrapbook members to get their 2013-14 volunteer hours, making a weekly menu, filling out a survey form for the library, and sending money and ticket stubs to my alma mater high school for chances at winning a vehicle.

After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the library, to the post office, to the pharmacy, to a home improvement store, and to the WDCS.

Back home, I did this and that around the house, while Hubbie removed things from the sunroom to clear it for putting down a new floor.

Later, for supper, we had leftover lasagna, tomatoes topped with cottage cheese, and French bread. Mother was ready to go home after that, and Hubbie accompanied her.

I made a recipe of fruited Jell-o, using the quick set method, and when it was ready, I took a serving of it to Mother. I used the last of her eye drops last night, so we didn't need to go through that ordeal tonight, thank goodness.

I might have to visit each evening, anyway, because Mother's cat has begun to look forward to seeing me. She perks up, purrs at being petted, and leans against me every night.

At home, Hubbie and I watched TV...one-hour shows recorded on DVD.

Note: we found out what one of the remaining gifts was at yesterday's birthday party...a huge inflatable wading pool with slide. Hubbie said he was embarrassed by the overindulgence shown to this child.

His niece's home looks like it's outfitted as a daycare center. One family member even said as much. The yard, the deck, and every room in the house is loaded up with both small and huge indoor and outdoor toys.

To the child's credit, though, she charmed us all when, as she opened each gift, she enthusiastically said, "I love it! Thank you!"


0 comments: