Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tuesday, June 3

Up around 7:30, and did stair stepping, resistance band, and leg weights exercises after breakfast. While I got ready for the day, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house.

Mother relaxed, while I did this and that around the house until time to go meet a haircut appointment. Our appointment was at 11:30, so we left home shortly after 11 a.m.

We didn't have to wait long before our hairdressers were ready for us. While I was in the chair, my hairdresser got a call from Hubbie asking her to tell me to go by the medical supplies pharmacy store to pick up Mother wrist brace.

By the time we finished our appointments and stopped by the medical supplies store, it was nearly 12:30. At home a few minutes later, Hubbie was ready to make grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. Mother opted out of the sandwich, though, preferring to have her usual Ramen noodle soup. So there was a sandwich too much for lunch. I put it in the fridge for one of us to have tomorrow.

After lunch, Mother and I went to the kitchen. I washed blueberries, and we sorted them. I put two quart bags, containing two cups each for double batches of blueberry muffins, in the freezer. Then I used another two cups to make a blueberry cobbler.

Hubbie washed both sweet potatoes and baking potatoes, and I put the sweets in the oven after the cobbler came out. These were the last of the sweet potatoes that we got last fall. I decided they needed to be baked and put in the freezer before they went south.

After that, Mother and I made a recipe of stuffed bell peppers. She cleaned the peppers, while I cooked the hamburger/rice/tomato mixture.

We relaxed then until time to put the food in the oven. I put the huge baking potatoes in at 3:30, at which time I took out the sweet potatoes. Around 4 p.m., I put the stuffed peppers in. The meal was ready by 5 p.m. Served it with a side of green beans.

Mother was ready to go home shortly afterward, so Hubbie accompanied her. Earlier, he took a helping of blueberry cobbler, and a covered dish of ice cream to her house (to put in the freezer), as well as a small bowl of sugared blueberries for her breakfast.

There was nothing on TV tonight, and nothing recorded on DVR. Didn't make it to the library to look for movies today, so we rented a couple this evening...."Captain Phillips," and "Wolf of Wall Street."



0 comments: