Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wednesday, June 4

Had trouble falling asleep last night, so 6 a.m. rolled around too soon. But I dragged myself out of bed and got ready to go to water aerobics.

It was sunny and partly cloudy this morning...humid, too, thanks to all the rain we've had lately. Thanks to the rain, though, everything is lushly green and beautiful, and the veggie garden is thriving.

Nineteen of us showed up for aerobics today. The water was pleasant, and I enjoyed my swim and the exercise session.

Story from the pool: one of the ladies rode with another member, but when the two arrived at the gym, the lady couldn't find her house keys. The two of them searched everywhere in the dressing room, then went out to check the car and the parking lot. No keys. So the driver offered to take the lady back to her house to see if the keys were there. They were...in the door, where she'd inadvertently left them. By the time they got back to the pool, we were well into the session. I think if I'd been them, I'd have just given up on aerobics today.

Back home after aerobics, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, while I relaxed with a cup of coffee. She began a new jigsaw puzzle this morning.

By the time I was ready for the day, it was 11 a.m., so I didn't do anything but relax until time for lunch. We each had something different today...Ramen noodle soup for Mother, of course; a leftover grilled cheese sandwich for Hubbie, and a fried egg sandwich for me, using one of the fresh eggs from Sis's hens.

After lunch, Mother went back to her puzzle, and Hubbie and I went to town. First, we visited the library, where we got four movies on DVD.  Then, we went to a department store to see if I could find a summery blouse to wear to the baptism and "meet the triplets" event on Saturday. I found a mint color tank top/lacy blouse combination that will pair nicely with white slacks. I was able to use a $10 discount, and a gift card to purchase the blouse. At the same store, Hubbie used a discount to buy a billfold as a birthday/Father's Day gift to himself.

Went to a dollar store after that, where Hubbie bought birthday cards for his son and grandson. Then, we went to another department store, where Hubbie used a $10 coupon to buy an on-sale knit shirt. I found a blouse reduced to $13, on which I was able to apply a scratch-off discount that amounted to 30% off.

Our last stop was the WDCS for groceries. Back home, Hubbie scrubbed potatoes for the oven, and later I put leftover stuffed peppers, and a dish of whole kernel corn in to heat.

Mother was ready to go home shortly after the movie, so Hubbie accompanied her. Then we watched the second movie we rented..."Wolf of Wall Street." This is certainly not a family film. It's based on the real life of a vulgar, morally corrupt wall street broker, who rises to extraordinary wealth, then falls to corruption and crime.

It holds the record for the most uses of THE word. This guy and his cohorts spent so much time romping with women (singly and in groups), that I don't know how they had time to wheel and deal. It was nominated for five Academy Awards, though I can't think why.

As much as I hated to tear myself away from the movie, I went to Mother's around 8:30 to put drops in her eyes.

I was plenty ready to head to bed when it was time.








0 comments: