Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Tuesday, July 29

Slept late, until around 8 a.m. Checked my e-mail and learned that my friend from the capital city with whom I worked years ago died. I was shocked and saddened by this news.


I knew she'd been having health problems the past few years, but since we had lost touch the past couple of years, I didn't know how seriously ill she was. I tried several times to contact her, without success. She was 83 years old. Her visitation is Friday night, and the funeral is Saturday, but of course I can't go. I need to be here with Mother and Hubbie. I'll show my respect in some other way.


After breakfast, I did stair stepping, resistance band, and weights exercises, then got ready for the day, while Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house.


Today, Mother and I prepared half of the peaches for the freezer, and then I washed yellow squash from our garden, which Mother sliced for the steamer.


The temperature was nice today, with lower humidity, so Hubbie finally went out and parked the camper in its spot. He's not up to par, by any means, but he felt a little better today. His stomach is still bothering him, especially right after he eats. I would have thought this indicated ulcers, but his upper GI series recently showed no ulcers.


He also felt up to mopping the new tile in the sunroom. The tile looks great...dirt colored so it won't show foot traffic as much. Now I need to look for patio furniture. But that'll have to wait until we know more about Hubbie's health problem.


Mid-afternoon, I put the squash and an onion in the steamer, and scrubbed potatoes for the oven. I was little put out with myself, though, when I turned the oven on at 4 p.m., then failed to put the potatoes in. At 4:30, I discovered my error, so supper was a little later than usual.


Served the squash and potatoes with sautéed cabbage (made from a package of slaw mix that we didn't need at camp). Slices of Sis's homemade wheat bread rounded out the meal.


Mother was ready to go home afterward, so Hubbie accompanied her. I went over later and put drops in her eyes. Then Hubbie and I watched TV for the evening. Hubbie did a lot of dozing during this time.











0 comments: