Saturday, August 2, 2014

Saturday, Aug. 2

Up at 7:30, and did stair stepping, resistance band, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and before I went upstairs to get ready for the day, I washed Venus grapes, and Mother removed them from the stems.


Once I was dressed, I helped bag the grapes for the freezer...we got five quarts. Then I washed Reliance grapes that Mother also removed from the stems. We got three quarts of those. Later, in the fall, I plan to make jellies from the grapes.


By now it was lunchtime, so I heated Ramen noodle soup for Mother, and Hubbie and I had pimento cheese sandwiches and chips. For dessert, we had watermelon that Hubbie had cut up this morning.


After lunch, Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, and Hubbie and I ran a couple of errands. I wasn't needed on these errands, but Hubbie just wanted me to accompany him. We went to a supply store, where Hubbie bought filters for the well, and then we went to a farm supply store to pick up a couple of bags of sunflower seeds for the birds.


Back home, we didn't accomplish much except reading newspapers, playing on our tablets, and watching TV.


Later, Mother helped make bran muffins for supper. This was really a one-person job, but she likes to help, so I gathered the ingredients and read the recipe to her while she put it together and filled the muffin tins.


We had the muffins with bowls of potato soup. Mother was ready to go home shortly after supper, so Hubbie accompanied her. Later, I went over and put drops in her eyes. Then Hubbie and I watched episodes of "The Good Wife."

0 comments: