Wednesday, October 17, 2007

More About Pop-up Books




In a previous blog, I mentioned purchasing pop-up books, illustrated by artist Robert Sabuda. After reading the blog, my sister suggested I shoot some digitals of these amazing books. Here are three - one from Lewis Carroll's classic tale, "The Adventures of Alice in Wonderland," one from a book written by Sabuda, called "Cookie Count," and one adapted from a book by Stephen King, titled "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon." This book is more suited to an older child. "Count Cookie" is for very young children, and of course most everyone loves the "Alice" tale.

Two of the books, "Alice," and the Stephen King book, include side panels that open to reveal pages of story plus more pop-ups.

5 comments:

Ann crum said...

Even though I saw the books myself, I am still amazed at how intricate the popups are. Now I wish I'd gotten one or two myself!

Anonymous said...

Those books look super cool. I might have to look into get some of those for my daughter.

Sixty Something said...

Lisa, although I got my pop-up books at a warehouse liquidation store, I did check online and found "Alice," and "Cookie Count" for sale at popular booksellers.I didn't look for the Stephen King book.

Sis, I picked up a couple of extra "Alice" books in case family members might want one.

Anonymous said...

I have "Tom Gordon" pop up book. Had to get it. I loved the novel, plus the idea of a beautiful picture books with grown up stories.

Sixty Something said...

Tina, thanks for your comment. I'm glad someone else shares my enthusiasm for the "Tom Gordon" pop-up book. It's really fun to read, isn't it? I also have this story as an audiobook, and we enjoyed listening to it on a long trip.