Friday, June 6, 2008

On-the-go Friday

Br-r-r...the water at the pool this morning was a chilly 79 degrees. Once I got used to it, it was okay, but I much prefer 84 degrees. Our regular instructor was out today, so a sub led us in our aerobics. She kept us moving, and I felt energized after a 45 minute workout.



Good thing, too, since we've been on the go most of the day. In the interest of saving fuel, Hubbie dropped Mother and me off at the beauty shop for our 1 p.m. appointment and then ran errands while we were getting haircuts.



Afterwards, we went to the greeting card shop so I could get birthday and Father's Day cards for Hubbie. It took forever to choose them, since the sentiments on most of them just didn't quite hit the mark. I finally settled on two, though, and moved on to the office supply store next door to get scrapbook supplies. Then we went to the worldwide discount chain store to put gas in the van and get sandwich makings for our trip south tomorrow to see the two new great-grandsons.



This evening, we swung by the everything's a dollar store to get helium balloons for the moms of the new great-grandsons, and then to a grocery store to pick up a bag of corn chips that we'd forgotten to get at the worldwide discount chain store.



From there, we went downtown to attend a reception for a fiber artist at the art gallery. Mother opted not to go this time. I really enjoyed seeing the work of this artist, who creates art quilts, wall hangings, and jewelry and even postcards from fabrics (some hand dyed), paper, yarn, and whatever else she can find. Her whimsical portraits are especially intriguing.



Afterwards, we attended ballroom dancing at the church fellowship hall, where only we, the pastor's wife, and an older fellow were on board. The four of us had a great time, using the whole floor to waltz and foxtrot. We ladies would have looked elegant whirling around in 1800s ball gowns. Hubbie and I danced every dance and by the end of the session, he was sweating. Since southern ladies are not supposed to sweat, I "glistened"...in fact, I "glistened" so much I headed straight for the shower when we got home.

0 comments: