Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mind Tricks

It's funny how our minds work. This afternoon, I announced to Mother that I should go ahead and gather the clothes I'll need for our weekend trip and put them out in the camper.

Just as I got to the stairs, Hubbie came inside. Seeing him reminded me that I wanted to suggest that while we are at camp, we should make a two-hour side trip Friday to visit his daughter.

"Well," he said, "first, you need to check and see what the grape festival schedule is for Friday."

I checked online and found that festivities don't begin until 8 p.m. that day, with a fireworks show. That will give us plenty of time for a side trip. Hubbie called Daughter to arrange the visit.

Since I was already at the computer, I decided to fulfill Hubbie's request that I go to another state's tourism site to order travel information and a new map. We are planning a possible trip to this state in the fall.

Thinking about the fall trip made me remember that I wanted to call one of the state's attractions - a flower and herb farm - to see if anything will be in bloom during the month we might want to visit.

So I called the farm and got info on the type of flower likely to be in bloom.

Since I was unfamiliar with this variety of flower, I went back to the computer to research it. I found that it is a lovely variety that blooms in a riot of colors.

I was in the middle of discussing the flowers and the trip with Mother when it dawned on me that my original plan was to gather my clothes and put them in the camper for this weekend's trip.

Off I went to finally complete this task.

0 comments: