Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday, Nov. 16

I've had a really busy day today! It started with water aerobics, of course, led by the alternate again.


A member who hasn't attended in a long time returned today. She said her sister's granddaughter was killed in a horrible auto accident at the beginning of the month. The young woman was only 21 years old. I remember seeing her obituary and wondering what had happened to her, though I didn't know she was related to this lady. How sad.


When I got back home, I located a greeting card I made a couple of years ago...a Thanksgiving card using dried, pressed leaves...to send to our regular water aerobics leader. The card has been in a drawer, waiting to be given to a special person, and today it's on it's way to her.


After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...including to the hospital, where I visited with the Cardiac Rehab staff, one of whom had called me this morning while I was at water aerobics. Since we were going to be in the area, I decided to just drop by and find out what she wanted.


She asked me to participate in a filming of survivor stories for the "Go Red" heart luncheon for women in February, and also to agree to model clothes during the event. I'm excited to do this. It'll be a lot of fun, and I hope, helpful to others. It was about two weeks after I attended last year's event that I had my heart episode, and I feel that information I got at the event helped me recognize my symptoms in time to be treated without suffering irreversible damage.


From the hospital, we went to one of the stores that has a sale every weekend, where I used a $10 coupon I received in the mail. I was thrilled to find a Chinese red, suede-like, jacket that will be perfect for the "Go Red" event. And with my coupon, I got it for only $11!


Then we went to the WDCS for this week's groceries, and then backtracked to a grocery store that had turkeys on sale, and to another grocery store for more of the 99 cent onions.


After we got home, about 3 p.m., I talked with the public relations person at a local bank, who is in charge of the "Go Red" event, and we set a date for my filming, which right now is Dec. 2.


I also got a call from a friend who lives in a town a couple of hours east of us, who wanted to complete arrangements to meet us for lunch while we are in that town tomorrow. We have to take the camper over there for repairs early in the morning, so we plan to do some shopping while we wait, as well as have lunch with this friend.

0 comments: