Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday, Nov. 20

For the second time this week, I skipped my exercises...this time because I had an appointment to have blood work done at 9:45 a.m. Because I couldn't have anything to eat after midnight until after the appointment, I didn't want to make myself even more hungry through exercise.



Fortunately, I didn't sit long in the waiting room before I was called back to the lab. I was out of the clinic before 10 a.m. But then I had to go to the WDCS for a loaf of bread, and a pound of ground meat for making chili. I wanted ground beef, which Hubbie prefers, but the store didn't have 97 percent fat free, so I opted for ground turkey.



Back home, I fixed myself a breakfast of scrambled egg substitute, half a toasted bagel, half a fresh orange and a cup of hot decaf tea for breakfast. Then I put the pot of chili on to simmer for a few hours. This is the same salt-free chili I made for us to take to Branson a couple of weeks ago, which was good on a windy-cold night like tonight.



Since breakfast was so late, I skipped lunch. Mother came over at 12:30, and we went to a 1 p.m. scrapbook club meeting at the Extension Office. We didn't accomplish a lot, but we enjoyed visiting with the other members.

At 5 p.m., Mother and I went to a Weight Watcher's meeting for our monthly weigh-in. Mother's weight stayed the same, but drat it, I gained two pounds. Too many restaurant meals and noshes at community events. So I'll be exerting my willpower over myself until I lose the extra weight.

Back home, Hubbie had heated the chili for our supper. I was ready for a bowl of the steaming stuff, since I was chilled and hungry.

After supper, I made a bowl of sugar-free Jell-o, with mixed fruit and fresh bananas, which was good as a snack later in the evening.

At 7 p.m., we turned on the radio and listened as our favorite college basketball team won over their opponents.

0 comments: