Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday Outing

Just knowing I needed to get up at 5 a.m. this morning was enough to keep me from falling asleep after we went to bed early last night. It was past midnight when I last checked the clock, and I definitely wasn't ready to crawl out of my warm cocoon before sunrise this morning.


But no matter how organized we try to be the night before a trip, it still takes us two hours to get ready to leave...three hours, if we're going on an RV trip. So we have to rise early on trip days.


At 7 a.m., we headed into the glaring sunrise to take the camper to another town a couple of hours away for heater repair. It was cold this morning, but the truck warmed up quickly, and as we traveled, we enjoyed an audio book...a love saga about three generations of women, called "River of Hidden Dreams," by Connie May Fowler.


Once we'd unhooked the camper at the RV repair business, we stopped by Daughter's house to leave an old computer for Son to break down for parts for repairing other computers.



Then we went shopping at a department store that we don't have in our town, where I found a turquoise sweater and matching turtleneck knit shirt on sale. I got a 15 percent Senior Day discount on the items, and used a gift card to purchase them.


From there, we went to a ladies' intimate apparel shop, where I picked up a free item, using a "no purchase necessary" coupon sent to me in the mail.


Then we met a friend for lunch at a soup and sandwich restaurant. Just as we finished eating, Hubbie's sister and nephew dropped by. They had already eaten lunch, but they spent some time visiting.


About 1:30, we bid goodbye to our friend and family, and went to a discount warehouse store to pick up several food items, particularly fresh fruits. We also got tubs of yummy dates for snacking and baking.



I selected a jar of pickled asparagus, too, that are much lower in sodium than regular pickles. I plan to eat a small portion with Thanksgiving dinner, so I won't feel so deprived of the black olives that I dearly love.


From the warehouse store, we went back to the RV repair shop. The camper was ready, so we hooked up and headed home.



There were lots of hawks perched on utility wires today. I suppose in cold weather, prey like mice are holed up to keep warm, which makes that food source harder for the hawks to catch.
Egrets flew over the shorn and scorched rice fields, too, looking for remaining grain.



We arrived home before sunset, in time for Hubbie to unhook and secure the camper in its customary spot on a gravel pad under the trees.



It was a good day.

0 comments: