Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday, February 20

Despite the inviting sunshine this morning, it was only 20 degrees outside, so the fields were white with frost, and ice edged the water in ditches. I dressed warmly in coat, hat, and gloves for my trip to the swimming pool for water aerobics. The water in the pool was somewhat warmer today than Wednesday, but not much. Even so, I enjoyed the session.

One of the ladies at water aerobics brought me John Grisham's newest novel, "The Associate." She bought it on sale recently, read it, and has since been loaning it out. Hubbie, an ardent John Grisham fan, seized it immediately, and is already well into it. It's apparently and easy read, so we should both be able to finish it in a few days.

Later this morning, Hubbie, Mother and I went to the art gallery for the unveiling of the poster that will be featured on all publicity, programs, etc., for the upcoming film festival event. A photographer from the regional newspaper was there, and I was surprised to learn he was the photo editor that I dealt with for a few years, but had never met. He has given up his editor position to become a staff photographer, so I am now dealing with a new, female, editor.

The unveiling event was very nice, and the poster perfectly fits the theme of the festival. The refreshments were good, too. The three of us brought home huge chocolate chip and blueberry scones, made by a local popular coffee house. Mother and I cut our scones into four small servings, and enjoyed a portion with lunch. These are not treats that I would indulge in very often.

At 2 p.m., I went to a meeting to help a committee of Master Gardeners develop a storyboard. It's actually a display board showing before, after, and vision-for-the-future photos and information. It's to be presented as a justification for grant monies already received.

I thought I was enlisted to simply give input to the project, but I ended up doing a major portion of it, including creating computer files of photos, burning a CD, getting Hubbie to bring crafting and other supplies like card stock, paper cutter, and glue gun, and then planning the project layout. It was 5:30 before I got back home.

The lady at whose home we met (which is just a hop and skip from our house) babysits her toddler grandson, who is very active. The baby demanded a lot of her time and was a source of constant distractions to the project. The lady seemed unaffected by the distractions, but the other three of us, who are not used to trying to work and deal with a baby at the same time, had more difficulty dealing with it. The baby is cute, though.

By the time I got home, I was plenty ready for our supper of tuna salad, and egg salad (made with egg whites only) sandwiches, along with leftover shepherd's pie (which turned out more like a veggie soup).

After supper, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the pharmacy, the gas station, and then to the WDCS for groceries. We were back home around 7 p.m.

Whew! What a day!

0 comments: