Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday, February 17

After breakfast, I did a treadmill session and resistance exercises. While I did this Hubbie went for a dental appointment. He was scheduled for 9 a.m., but his hygienist called to say the 8 a.m. patient had cancelled, so she was ready to see Hubbie if he wanted to go early.

As I was getting ready for the day, one of the Master Gardeners called to ask if I'd agree to work with a committee to create a storyboard of one of their projects to submit with a grant proposal. She is to call back and let me know which afternoon this week they want to meet.

Later in the morning, Mother came over, and we created a couple of greeting cards (see above). Mother made the music-themed one, and I made the one with the hearts, which I sent to the three nurses at Cardiac Rehab. They attended the Go Red Luncheon, and I snapped a nice photo of them, which I included in the card...a print for each of them.

After that, Hubbie and I went to the WDCS to pick up photos at the one-hour service, and a few grocery items, particularly sweet potatoes to have with supper tonight. We were at a loss as to what to have for supper, and decided to have the sweet potatoes with corn-on-the-cob, leftover steamed veggies, and a leftover couscous dish.

The photos I picked up today are of the Go Red Luncheon. Hubbie snapped a few of me as I modeled clothes, and I want to use them to do a scrapbook page or two at our next scrapbook club meeting on Thursday afternoon.

From the WDCS, Hubbie and I stopped by the other store that has a sale every weekend, but which is closing its doors in six more days. I didn't find anything I wanted, but Hubbie found a couple of pairs of khaki slacks, one pair reduced to $9, and the other pair priced at $13.

After we got back home, Hubbie made a batch of dog biscuits for Shih Tzu. He has become quite skilled at making these, which is good, because Shih Tzu loves them and eats batches of them pretty quickly.

This evening, Hubbie and I watched the first of a four-part mini-series of "Oliver Twist" on PBS television that I recorded on DVR. This is a year 2000 adaptation of the Charles Dickens classic novel.















0 comments: