Monday, June 1, 2009

Camping Trip, Day Five

Sunday, May 31:

We were up around 6:30 this morning. Once I was ready for the day, I prepared quick breads, bagels, and fresh fruits for breakfast. At 8 a.m., Daughter, Granddaughter, Great-Granddaughter and Great-Grandson came to join us for the meal.

We broke camp about 9:30 a.m., and were ready to head home. We arrived back in our town around noon, had a lunch of cold meatloaf sandwiches, and then unpacked the camper, washed clothes, and generally put things back in order.

I checked on the eagle's nest, where it was business as usual. It looks like the eaglet is beginning to get feathers on his back.

Supper tonight was hamburgers, and microwave baked potatoes. Then we watched TV, though there was nothing much of interest on, and we ended up napping in front of it.

Tonight my left ear is red and swollen...something must have bitten me in the middle of the night last night. I look like I have cauliflower ear, and it itches. I've applied bug bite medicine, so I hope it goes away soon.

0 comments: