Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday, June 1

We were up around 7:30 a.m., and after breakfast, I called the doctor to make an appointment for Mother. She said she had fever last night, and I wanted to be sure her chest cold wasn't turning into pneumonia.

I had time to do a 30-minute treadmill session before her 9:45 appointment. I haven't been on the treadmill in over a week because of my cold. But even though I'm still coughing a little, I felt well enough to exercise today. I didn't tread at my usual speed, however. I'll build back to my normal speed over a few days.

Mother and I arrived for her appointment about 9:30, and we were taken back to an exam room within a few minutes. The doctor listened to Mother's chest and suspected she is suffering from bronchitis, but she ordered an X-Ray to make sure. No pneumonia, thank goodness, but she noted that bronchitis can develop into pneumonia, so she prescribed a couple of medications. If Mother does not improve in a few days, we are to see the doctor again.

From the doctor's office, we went to the pharmacy, and then were home by around 11:30 a.m. Mother went to her favorite rocking chair in the living room and napped, while Hubbie and I washed, capped, and sliced strawberries. After a lunch of pimento cheese sandwiches, I put a pot of chicken on to stew to use in making chicken noodle soup for supper. I figured the soup would help Mother feel better.

While the chicken was stewing, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the roadside vendor to pick up tomatoes and yellow and zucchini squashes, to the grocery store that carries my favorite brand of cottage cheese, to the newspaper office to pick up last week's editions, to the cable company to get instructions for how to more conveniently program my DVR, to the bank, to the WDCS, and finally to the gas station.

Back home, I did this and that until suppertime. After supper, Mother went home, Hubbie went out to mow the yard, and I showered, washed my hair, gave myself a manicure, and ironed an outfit to wear tomorrow when we go to the capital city, where I have a dental appointment.

0 comments: