Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tuesday, June 2

We got up around 7:30 a.m., and after breakfast I did a treadmill session and resistance exercises. Then I visited with Mother to see how she was feeling this morning. She said she slept well last night, and her throat isn't sore today. She is still coughing, of course, but she seems to feel better. I left my cell phone with her, so I could touch base with her while we in the capital city.

At 10:30 a.m., we headed south. We took Shih Tzu with us, since Mother is under the weather and wasn't up to feeding and walking her. It was a nice, sunny day for traveling, though the temperature got into the high 80s by the afternoon. Along the way, we saw a turkey vulture dining on carrion by the side of the rode. Yuk.

Also along the way, there is a cedar tree adorned with Christmas ornaments and a silver garland. It's been there since last Christmas, and I see it every time we travel that highway. But until today, Hubbie never saw it. Mother has missed it, too, each time we've passed it. I'm surprised that the garland and the colorful balls continue to remain on the tree, undisturbed by animals or windy weather. I wonder why someone went to the trouble to decorate it at all...it's just a little tree tucked among many trees, and seems to be nowhere near a house.

We stopped at a town about an hour away, so I could go to a dollar store to buy six booklets on scrapbooking and card making. I also found some stickers and letters that we can use in our projects.

After that, we bought lunches at a fast food store...grilled chicken and a salad for me, and a hamburger and salad for Hubbie. We took the lunches to a local park. I didn't have the foresight to take along a picnic tablecloth, so we used a new fleece throw to cover the table. It was pleasant eating in the park, where the picnic tables surround a water feature.

From the park, we stopped back by the fast food restaurant to buy soft serve ice cream, which we ate as we traveled to the capital city. We arrived at the dental surgeon's office about 15 minutes early for my appointment, but I went into the office anyway, hoping to see the dental hygienist, and I did. Hubbie entertained Shih Tzu in the clinic yard, which was shady.

I was done with my appointment in about 30 minutes, and we were back on the road home again by 3 p.m. On the way home, we stopped at a discount warehouse. We left the van running so there would be air conditioning for Shih Tzu, and I stayed with her while Hubbie shopped for a few items, like fresh fruits, dried cranberries, egg substitute, etc.

We were back home around 5 p.m. For supper we had leftover chicken noodle soup and bowls of fresh strawberries. Afterwards, I uploaded photos to a one-hour service, and then checked on the eagle's nest, where it's business as usual. I noticed that the number of viewers to the site has dropped from about 300 to only 91 tonight. That's probably because nothing exciting seems to be happening. I want to keep track of it, though, because I don't want to miss it when the eaglet fledges.

0 comments: