Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday, September 12

Slept until 7:30 this morning, then did a treadmill session after breakfast. Before I dressed, I put on one of my older swimsuits, and Mother came over and pinned up the shoulder straps for me, so they can be sewn down. The suit is stretched out, but I'm wearing it with nylon athletic shorts over it (because the leg holes are so stretched out) until it is threadbare, because swimsuits are expensive and the chlorine in the pool just eats them up. Yesterday, my swimsuit top was so stretchy after it got wet that I feared a Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction as I bounced up and down during aerobics.

After that, we cut up veggies for a chef's salad lunch. Then I chose card stock in Christmas colors for making screen door cards. I'm helping Mother make these cards to take to the art gallery for sale during the Christmas season. Maybe she can make some pin money with them. Anyway, I cut the screen mesh and the card stock doors. Then Mother put the cards together. Once the glue is dried on them, we can add Christmas elements and sentiments to them.

Later, after lunch, Hubbie and I did the usual...ran errands. Today, we stopped by the Post Office, and then went to a home improvement store looking for African Violet potting soil. There was none, but there were African Violet plants, and we bought three. From there, we went to the WDCS for several food items. There were still a few items on the discount table, so we picked up a couple of bottles of salad dressing, some cans of no sodium whole kernel corn, and another box of cereal, along with the items that were on our grocery list.

Fortunately, there was no excitement on the WDCS parking lot today. Yesterday, as we pulled into a parking space, we noticed that a man was lying flat on the pavement near the front wheel of his car in the next aisle. Folks, including store staff, were hovered around him. We went on about our business, but when we left the store, we saw an ambulance, lights flashing, pulling out of the parking lot, presumably taking the man to the hospital.

Back home, Mother and I continued working on the Christmas cards until time to get supper ready. Tonight, I made bagel pizzas, using whole wheat bagels. We served these with sliced fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, and Vidalia onions, topped with cottage cheese. The tomatoes and bell peppers were from the veggie garden.

Later, Hubbie and I watched the movie, "Disappearances," starring Kris Kristofferson. Rated PG-13, the film is about a man in the 1930s who decides he has to smuggle whiskey to save his family. He takes his young teen son along on his adventures through the Canadian wildnerness. Along the way, they discover things about their past through strange hauntings.

0 comments: