Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday, September 8


After my usual morning routine, Mother came over and kept me company while I made this screen door greeting card based on a magazine idea. It was somewhat complicated, made more so by the fact that the instruction measurements were incorrect. The card uses real mesh screening for the door, mounted on card stock. I made the card for a friend in another town whose birthday is next week. The sentiment inside the card says, "The door is always open to a friend....Happy Birthday." We want to make a couple more of these cute cards, now that we've worked out the snags.



The rest of the day was pretty laid back. We spent most of our time reading our novels. This evening, I attended two meetings...an arts council meeting at 5 p.m., and then after a 6 p.m. supper of leftover goulash, served with cottage cheese, cole slaw, and sliced tomatoes, I went to a community theatre board meeting.



Hubbie was watching a movie western when I got home around 9 p.m. I joined him to watch a one-hour program before bedtime. Hope I sleep well tonight, so I'll be refreshed to get up and go to water aerobics in the morning.

2 comments:

Ann crum said...

That is a really cute card!

Sixty Something said...

And fun to make. Maybe you'd like to try it when you're here sometime.