Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday, September 10

We were up by 7:30 this morning, so Hubbie could get ready to go to a 10 a.m. Master Gardener meeting. Once I was done with my morning routine, I wrote a long letter to include in the screen door card for my friend who has a birthday next week.



About the time I finished the letter, Hubbie returned home. After lunch, we ran a couple of errands...to the other discount store, and then to the WDCS, where we shopped for us, as well as for Mother, who tries to avoid going to that store. We were back home by around 2 p.m. It was raining when we left the house to run the errands, but was only drizzly when we got back. We got an inch of rain today.



We spent the afternoon reading our novels. I finished "The Loop," by Nicholas Evans yesterday, so now Hubbie is reading it. He finished the 1,359-page novel, "Sacajawea," a couple of days ago, so I began reading it today. This book, about the famous Shashoni Indian woman who was a member of the Lewis and Clark expedition to the Pacific coast in the early 1800s, was ten years in the writing, by author Anna Lee Waldo, and was first published in 1978. I found this old and yellowing paperback book at a local flea market/antique mall, and from the pages I've read so far, it promises to be an engrossing tale. Hubbie really enjoyed it, and from time-to-time he'd tell me about certain things he found fascinating in the story.

It has been a leisurely, if unexciting day, ending with a supper of leftovers, followed by watching forgettable shows on TV. Mother stayed at her home today. I visited her for a few minutes this morning, but she didn't say if she had any projects going on.

Tonight, I hope the cats don't decide to hold a party on the roof, like they did last night. They startled me awake a couple of times chasing each other and jumping down onto the window air conditioner. When I first heard them, I thought someone was trying to get in, but then reasoned that no one would try to break in through that tiny upstairs window. I tried to get Hubbie to confirm what I was hearing, but he pretended to be asleep and didn't respond. I know he was pretending, because when I challenged him about it today, he looked guilty and just laughed. Not funny.

0 comments: