Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday, March 5

We were up at 6:30 this morning, so I could get ready to go to water aerobics. It was a sunny morning, but cool enough for there to be frost on the windows of the van. The pool was a little cool, too, though tolerable. Eleven of us showed up for aerobics. This was the last session until after spring break next week.

When I got home, Son and Daughter-in-Law were already here, having arrived minutes before me. Hubbie met me at the car to let me know Daughter had called. She was at a hobby store browsing through Easter-themed rubber stamps for me. She sent photos of two she thought I might like, which I asked her to purchase on behalf of our scrapbook club. She'll bring them with her when she comes to visit tomorrow.

Son and Daughter-in-Law got busy right away washing windows at Mother's house in honor of her birthday. They also presented her with a gift certificate for purchasing new kitchen curtains.

At lunchtime, we went to a catfish restaurant, where everyone but me got the fried catfish specials. I opted for grilled fish. Some of us had French fries, and some of us had baked potatoes. The meal included bowls of pinto beans, pickled green tomatoes, hush puppies, and coleslaw.

After we got back home, Son went to a home improvement store to buy new curtain rods for Mother's kitchen, which he then installed. While he was doing that, Mother, Dauther-in-Law, and I came to my house to work on the jigsaw puzzle.

While we worked on the puzzle, I washed and dried Mother's kitchen curtains. Mid-afternoon, we indulged in lemon pudding cake (or, in my case, chocolate cupcake with chocolate ice cream). We visited for quite a while after that. Around 4 p.m., Son and Daughter-in-Law headed home

Later, around 6 p.m., Hubbie and I had pancakes for supper, with a fresh orange and prunes. Then we watched TV...a couple of one-hour shows.

It was a good day.

0 comments: