Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday, March 6

Today is Nephew's birthday. Happy Birthday, Nephew!



We were up around 6:30 this morning, though I skipped my exercises so I could be dressed and ready when Daughter arrived. While I waited for her, I cut up salad veggies, as well as veggies to be sauteed for bagel pizzas. I also prepared a dish of Parmesan potatoes to be baked later. Mother helped with the potato dish, though she felt somewhat under the weather today. She continues to have tummy troubles.



Daughter arrived around 10:30 a.m., bringing Great-Granddaughter with her, to our delight. I put the potatoes into the oven, so they could bake while we went to an Extension Homemakers yard and craft sale at the fairgrounds.



We browsed at the sale for about an hour. There were lots of exhibitors both indoors and outdoors, and tons of goods. Mother found a couple of items she wanted, as did Daughter, but Hubbie and I came away empty-handed.



By the time we got back home, the potato dish was done, so we put together bagel pizzas for the oven, with each person choosing what they wanted as toppings. The pizzas were done in about twenty minutes, and were delicious with the salad, Parmesan potatoes, and cottage cheese.



After lunch, we went over to Mother's house to help her clean a what-not shelf. Back at my house, everyone enjoyed lemon cake, except me...I had a chocolate cupcake with pie cherries and whipped topping.



Then Daughter and Great-Granddaughter made cute greeting cards. Around 4 p.m., they headed home, and Mother and I worked on the jigsaw puzzle for a while before she went home. As we were working on the puzzle, I recorded our favorite college basketball team in SEC play.



At 5 p.m., we watched as our team played to a very, very disappointing loss.



Later, we watched the movie, "An American Crime," a 2007 R-rated film is based on a true story about Gertrude "Gertie" Baniszewski, a divorced mother of seven kids, who, in the 1960s, takes in a couple of girls and then proceeds to torture and eventually murder one of them...sixteen-year-old Sylvia Likens.

The second movie we watched, also R-rated was, "Stuck." This 2007 film is based on a real-life incident of a woman who hits a homeless man, and then drives home and parks the car in her garage with the man still stuck in her windshield.

0 comments: