Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday, April 16

We were up at 6:30 on this water aerobics day. The pool is still cold, but 20 of us completed the session. Sure do wish they'd raise the water temp a little, though.

Saw the strangest sight on the way back to my van after the swim session...a couple of pine trees suddenly poofed large clouds of pollen. Sis has said she's seen this phenomenon before, but it was a first for me.

Back home, once I was ready for the day, I checked my e-mail and social website. At the social website, my niece who lives in a northern state instant messaged me, and we spent a while in conversation.

Mother came over around 11 a.m. For lunch, we prepared BLT's, which we had with fresh tomatoes and cottage cheese, and grapes and strawberries for dessert.

After lunch, Mother went out to gather dogwood blossoms and leaves to press, and Hubbie took pots of plants to another Master Gardener, who has agreed to take them to the fairgrounds on Friday for a plant sale on Saturday. Hubbie will not be able to help with the plant sale setup Friday, because he'll be assisting me at the photography residency at a local school.

My afternoon project was to switch winter and summer clothes, storing the winter things in a large plastic trash can with tight lid (purchased for this purpose) in the laundry room. Before I hung up the summer clothes, I tried everything on, discarding items that don't fit well, or that I just don't like. The discarded clothes will be donated to a thrift store.

Later, I went shopping at the store that has a sale every weekend. Today, they had a "door buster" sale beginning at 3 p.m., and I wanted to see if there were swimsuits and shoes on sale that I could use. I found both...a favorite brand of swimsuit in my size (only one available), and a pair of very cushy-comfortable dark brown sandals that will work with both jeans and casual or dressy slacks

For supper, we had baked salmon fillet, with sweet potatoes, whole kernel corn, and rolls
brought home from the restaurant last night. Actually, Mother and I had the salmon, and Hubbie had the leftover barbecued ribs brought home from the restaurant.

Mother went home after that, Hubbie went back out into the yard, and I relaxed with my laptop.
Later, Hubbie and I watched the movie, "Waltzing Anna," a comedy rated PG-13. A doctor accused of swindling elderly patients is sent to work in a retirement home or risk losing his medical license. Lessons are learned. Romance happens.

0 comments: