Saturday, April 17, 2010

Slept til nearly 8 a.m. this morning, then did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast.

Once I was ready for the day, I sorted through the photography paraphernalia to make sure I had everything I need. Discovered that I needed three more cameras, and three more shoebox "tripods." I also discovered that the pharmacy where I purchased cameras a couple of weeks ago failed to give me a teacher's discount on them. So I put the sales receipt in my purse to take with me to the store later this afternoon. Hubbie figured they wouldn't honor the discount now, but I thought it was worth a try.

After lunch, we ran errands...to a pharmacy to pick up prescriptions, and to the other pharmacy to pick up more cameras. I asked about getting a discount on the ones I purchased earlier, and they agreed to it. With the number of cameras I've purchased, the discounts have amounted to a considerable sum. Our last stop was at the WDCS to shop for a few groceries for us and Mother.

Back home, Mother and I made tomato soup...this is a very easy recipe that calls for food processing a package of frozen onions and peppers, a can of diced tomatoes, a half a can of white beans, a can of chicken broth, and spices and garlic, with olive oil added at the end of simmering. We made a double recipe, so we'd have some left for a lunch this week.

After that, Hubbie and I gathered the photo stuff into plastic totes. For better or worse, we're ready to deal with 97 third and fifth graders all next week. Sure hope we get sunshine on the days we most need it.

We relaxed for the rest of the afternoon. Supper tonight was cold meatloaf sandwiches, with steaming bowls of the tomato soup. Yum. It was the perfect meal on this cooler, overcast day.

We haven't gotten the predicted possible rain today, but the temp sure has dropped. I might have to re-think what I planned to wear next week, since the temp is supposed to continue much cooler for several more days.

Some of the tomato plants, in the ground for only a few days, have keeled. We don't know why. But Hubbie bought some more this afternoon to replace the dead ones. Gardening is always a dicey undertaking. If it's not too much rain, then it's too little. It's too hot, or it's too cold. There's too much shade. There's too much sun. The soil isn't rich enough. On and on. It's amazing that we get any veggies at all! But most years we do, if not always a bumper crop.

Spent the evening in front of TV, as usual, watching one-hour shows. Mostly, I was on a social networking website chatting with Daughter. So I didn't pay much attention to the TV.

0 comments: