Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday, April 12

Today is Granddaughter's 21st birthday. Happy Birthday, Granddaughter.

Up at 6:30 to get ready to go to water aerobics. Br-r-r, the water was really chilly, but 22 of us braved it. Sure wish they'd raise the temp a little, though. It was 82 degrees last Friday. I don't know how cold it was today.

Back home, once I was ready for the day, Mother came over, and we prepared some small oatmeal boxes to use as pinhole cameras, and cut photo paper to use as film in the cameras. Then I mixed chemicals, and prepared visuals for the class.

Other than that, I didn't do much during the afternoon except call the other two members of the scrapbook club to remind them of our Thursday meeting. One of the ladies loves to chat, so I was on the phone with her for quite a while. The other one wasn't home, and I had to leave a message.

Hubbie spent the day in the yard. I meant to go out and do snapshots of the beautiful azaleas, but forgot about it. Maybe there will be time to do it tomorrow, after I take Mother to the doctor in the morning for a routine checkup.

For supper, we brought leftover beans and ham out of the freezer, which we heated to have with boiled cabbage, and baked potatoes.

After supper, I made fruited Jell-o. In typical fashion, I had to goof first before I accomplished the task. You wouldn't think anyone could goof making Jell-o, but I managed it. I put the dry Jell-o into the dish, then, thanks to being distracted by something Hubbie was asking me, I poured cold water into the Jell-o, instead of boiling the water first. So I dumped that and started over. Got it right the second time, thank goodness.

Later, Hubbie and I went ran errands...to the two pharmacies, one to pick up a prescription, and the other to look for low-dose aspirin that doesn't contain yellow dye. For some reason, I've had trouble finding it. The grocery store where I've gotten it in the past has quit carrying it, as has the WDCS. At the second pharmacy, I finally located it in the store brand, though there was only one bottle of it left. I was assured the store will order more. From there, we shopped for groceries and incidentals at the WDCS.

On the way back home, we saw six deer in the field near our house. And along the shoulders of the road, I noticed that red clover is in bloom. Everywhere, too, wisteria festoons trees. Wisteria, with its drooping violet colored flowers, is pretty if kept under control, but most of the time it gets away from folks and becomes as invasive a parasite as kudzu, honeysuckle, and poison ivy.

Back home, we settled in to watch two of our favorite shows..."Dancing with the Stars," followed by "Castle."

0 comments: