Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday, April 14

We were up at 6:30, so I could get ready to go to water aerobics. I thought I never would get out of my driveway....traffic was extremely heavy this morning on the road in front of our house. There is road construction going on along a main artery in town, so folks are avoiding that area in favor of our road for their morning commute to work. There was also a long line at the four-way stop about two miles from our house. So I was later than usual getting to the pool this morning.



Back home, I noticed Mother and Hubbie were working in the veggie garden. They planted tomatoes, bell peppers, and banana peppers. Then this afternoon, Mother planted yellow and zucchini squash. She also planted several herbs in individual pots yesterday.



Once I was ready for the day, I grabbed my camera and went outdoors to snap pictures of dogwood blossoms, blooming azalea bushes, and hostas (see previous blogs) which I then uploaded to my computer.



After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the college to drop off books for their fundraising sale, to the hydroponic garden store for tomatoes, to the health food store for vitamins, and to the WDCS.



Back home, I called the camera store in the capital city to see if they located the chemicals I need. They did not. They have only one item that I need, which they are sending to me. The clerk was to have called me yesterday, but she apologized, saying she'd lost my name and number.



So I went into the darkroom (downstairs bathroom) and tested the developing chemical I mixed a couple of days ago. It doesn't work as quickly as it should, and I'm afraid it'll exhaust before I get my projects done next week. Tomorrow, I'll do a couple of pinhole camera images to further test the chemical. This will tell me if I have to order chemicals online and pay extra to get them shipped right away. If the school had gotten on the ball weeks ago to nail this session down, I'd have had more time to deal with getting chemicals sooner.



Later, we had a supper of Spanish rice, fresh tomatoes, cottage cheese, and leftover veggies. Afterward, Hubbie and I went back to town to pick up one-time-use cameras on order at a major pharmacy store. Gratefully, we were given a 20% discount on them, since they are being used as teaching tools.



We also stopped by two grocery stores...bought strawberries at one (will be glad when local berries are ready), and another to get cottage cheese and a 20 lb. bag of on-sale red potatoes.



At home, Hubbie spruced the van. One of the scrapbook club members will drop by here to go with Mother and me to the meeting tomorrow...in a nice clean vehicle. Thank you, Hubbie.

Watched one-hour shows on TV for the rest of the evening.

0 comments: