Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saturday, May 1

May already! Where did April go?



We were up at 7 a.m., despite a long and worrisome night, thanks to tornado warnings that began around 6:30 p.m., and went on past 10 p.m. Hard to get to sleep after hours of anxiety from watching TV meteorologists track storms. Thank goodness, nothing significant happened in our area, but there was a lot of damage and even one death in tornadoes south of us. More storms are predicted for tonight...a tornado watch is in effect even as I write this. So we might be in for another long evening.



We had nothing important scheduled today, so we decided to go to a Habitat for Humanity yard sale, which was held in the fellowship hall of a local church.



I bought several baskets and four novels. Mother found garden decorations, an oriole bird feeder, a book, and used Christmas cards with a variety of unused envelopes to use in making other greeting cards.



We were back home by 9:30, but we didn't accomplish much after that. None of us felt like doing anything...like I told Mother, I feel like I weigh a ton, making it difficult for me to put one foot in front of the other. I think we're all being affected by the barometric pressure.



After a while, Mother went home and stored her winter clothes and got out the summer ones. Hubbie went out into the yard to do I know not what...walk around, I think. I watched episodes of "Life," the nature program from the Discovery Channel that I recorded on DVR.



It was just basically a lazy day. For supper, we had leftover veggie soup with toasted Italian bread spread with margarine mixed with garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.



After that, we were glued to the TV again, watching storm warnings.

0 comments: