Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesday, May 11

Slept late again this morning, and skipped my exercises. I'm hoping to feel up to a few minutes on the treadmill tomorrow.

Mother came over mid-morning, and we finished the gift baskets. Then I browsed through greeting card making books and magazines looking for ideas. Nothing jumped out at me today, but I did do a page of rubber stamp ladybug motifs. Maybe I'll be inspired to use those to make a card tomorrow.

Walked around the yard and did snapshots of some of the flower gardens. Petted the new batch of kittens...actually, there are two batches, but we can't locate the other ones, since the mama moved them shortly after they were born. The batch that's on the back porch is friendly and cute, of course.

Speaking of mama cats, Hubbie took one of them to be spayed today. She's now mending in a pet carrier in the sunroom. Once the cat with the four kittens weans her litter, she'll be next for spaying. Another female is ready to have her kittens, but a woman at the vet's clinic has asked for her, and the vet has agreed to help find homes for the kittens.

The old calico mama cat that we had spayed last fall has taken leave of the place. We don't know why, since she was roly-poly fat and seemed contented to be here. A couple of male cats have wandered off, too, so our cat supply is slowly dwindling, thank goodness.

Other than touring the yard and playing with the kittens, I didn't do much except read two new magazines that arrived in the mail, plus the evening newspaper.

Hubbie ran errands several times, including to the vet's clinic twice. In his travels, he stopped by a farm to see if strawberries were available, but the farmer wasn't around. Hubbie will call in the morning to see if we can get a flat, because we need to get some into the freezer before they are gone.

For supper tonight we had pork roast with carrots and onions, mashed potatoes and gravy, and individual cups of applesauce. It was all very tasty, and I ate two generous helpings, which pleased Mother, since she thought I'd been starving myself.

Actually, I've eaten plenty every day, just not with my usual enthusiasm. If I hadn't been eating, I'd have lost weight, and I don't seem to have done that. But my appetite was sharpened by the tonight's roast, which is one of my favorite meals.

Mother went home after supper, and Hubbie and I watched, "Jesse Stone: No Remorse," that I'd recorded on DVR. Then we watched episodes of "Dancing with the Stars," and "Lost."

0 comments: