Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wednesday, May 12

Slept late again this morning, and still didn't get on the treadmill. It was way up in the morning before I was ready for the day. I would have gotten ready earlier, but just as I went into the bathroom, there was a loud clap of thunder. I do not bathe in thunderstorms, so I waited it out. Around 10:30, the sun came out, and I was able to get on with my morning ablutions.

Mother came over around that time and gathered materials for making a couple of birthday cards.

Later I joined her to make the ladybug card shown in my previous blog. Took forever for me to wrap my mind around a design. Nothing I tried seemed to satisfy me. What I ended up with isn't great, but at least I finished it.

Since Hubbie and I had eaten a late breakfast, neither one of us was hungry at lunch. But around 3 p.m., I decided I should eat a little something and settled for a slice of bread with peanut butter and four ounces of milk.

Otherwise, it was a pretty boring day. Later, for supper, we made hot roast pork sandwiches from last night's leftovers. Mother went home afterward, and Hubbie and I watched TV, including the movie, "The Gift." This is an R-rated film starring Cate Blanchett, Katie Holmes, Hilary Swank, and Keanu Reeves. A psychic widow, who some think is a witch, is drawn into the murder of a local seductive woman. She sees visions and discovers stuff about the small Georgia town where she lives.

Note: My mind is really not functioning properly...I forgot that last night was the second Tuesday of the month, when I was supposed to attend a visual arts committee meeting at 5 p.m., and a community theater board meeting at 7 p.m. Oh well, I doubt that anything of earth-shaking importance was discussed at either meeting.

0 comments: