Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday, July 24

Having been wakeful the night before last, I slept late this morning, but still did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house while I was getting ready for the day. I could tell she had something on her mind, so I asked what was wrong. She said she saw blood in her urine this morning and was uncomfortable.

Of course, the clinic we usually visit is closed on Saturdays, so I took her to an urgent care clinic. Tests revealed she has another UTI, so the doctor prescribed an antibiotic. I'm surprised the infection didn't show up during her appointment with the urologist, but these things can occur without warning.

By the time we left the clinic it was nearly 1 p.m. Back home, I fixed BLT's for lunch, at Mother's request. Then she rested while Hubbie and I ran errands...to the pharmacy to drop off the prescription, and to the WDCS for a few grocery items, then back to the pharmacy to pick up the prescription.

At home, Mother and I sorted our fair exhibit entry tickets to make it easier to pick things up tomorrow. Then, I gathered greeting card making stuff that Mother and I will need Monday, when we meet with the Caring Hands Hospice group.

Later, I made hamburgers/turkey burgers for supper, which we had with the last of a batch of Parmesan potatoes, and corn on the cob.

I accompanied Mother home afterward, and then Hubbie and I watched TV, including a Hercule Poirot mystery from the PBS channel. I should say I watched it, because Hubbie snoozed through it.

Whew! It has been another white hot and humid day. Hope this heat breaks a little next week.

0 comments: