Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday, July 22

Up around 7:30 this morning, and did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Once I was ready for the day, I just did this and that until 10:45, when I went for a haircut appointment. Hubbie went along, dropped me off at the beauty shop, and then ran a few errands. He returned exactly as I stepped out of the door of the shop.

Today, at the beauty shop, the talk was about a proposed new community center and sports complex. The owners of the shop are displaying a large poster about the proposal, and it is being received with mixed reviews.

Some, who are opposed to the proposal, are vehemently opposed because of the tax increase that goes with it, and express disgust that the beauty shop ladies have the audacity to display the poster. The ladies have firmly stood their ground, because our community is in sore need of such a facility, which will not only serve the community and surrounding towns, but it will draw folks from other counties, that will want to rent it for tournaments. It will bring a lot of money into the county. The facility will help grow our community by helping lure businesses, which will create employment opportunities. It's a good idea, and I hope our citizens are not so short-sighted as to vote the proposal down.

Back home from the beauty shop, I made turkey bacon, tomato, Vidalia onion, and lettuce sandwiches for Hubbie and myself. Mother didn't join us, since opted to stay home today, though both Hubbie and I visited her to make sure she's okay, and she is.

After lunch, Hubbie went to a service station to have the oil changed on the van (he did the same with the truck yesterday). While he was gone, I uninstalled and then re-installed the virus package on the upstairs computer. As that proceeded, I ironed a stack of clothes, and cleared images from the memory card in my camera, so I could charge the battery. Both of those tasks help advance tasks for an upcoming trip.

Once I'd completed my office projects, Hubbie and I went shopping...first, at the other store that has a sale every weekend, where he found a package of socks for $3.99, and I found a Christmas shirt on a clearance rack for $6.99. We were able to use two 20% off coupons on these.

Then we went to the WDCS for several grocery items. The one thing I specifically intended t get...hamburger...is the one thing I failed to get, naturally. Good thing I don't actually need it until next Tuesday, but it would have been handy to have it in the freezer.

Later, I heated "week in review" leftovers for Hubbie's and my supper, and then we watched a Lifetime Movie Network feature, called, "The Thrill of the Kill." A popular novelist writes a book about a serial killer, from the point of view of the killer. A female bartender reads the book and recognizes a similarity between the killing of the fictional character and the murder of her sister. So she enlists the help of the novelist to find the killer.

0 comments: